Monday, May 21, 2012

First Day of Summer!

Today is the first Monday of the summer and I am SO glad I got to sit at home and do nothing all day! Actually, what I did do was swatch all my polish on color wheels, create an excel spreadsheet with all my colors, take pictures of my current mani and watch movies. I'd call that a pretty successful day, no?

Since today is MY first day of summer I decided to do a summer-y mani. My best friend, Sarah, recently bought L'Oreal Tweet Me and I had to have it so, of course, I went out the next day and bought it. I decided it was time to try it and I'm so glad I did. I could not have been happier with this color. It is a bright, cheery yellow with gold shimmer. As far as application goes, it was a lot better than I was expecting from a yellow. It was a little sheer and I had to make sure to wait long enough between coats to avoid dragging but overall, pretty good. I used 3 thin coats to make it opaque and then decided to jazz up that gold shimmer with Essie As Gold As It Gets, also inspired by Sarah's purchase! I love love love this combo. LOVE! LOVE!


 Sun



Shade

Look at how great that gold looks!! It just adds another dimension to this already awesome polish! By far my favorite spring/summer mani.

Another exciting note for today, I GOT NAIL MAIL!! As soon as my husband got home from work I practically tackled him for the package I knew had been delivered. I got my first two bottles from Pam at Whimsical Ideas by Pam which are Peanut Butter and Jelly and Kismets Pajamas. I'm sure I'll be swatching these in the next day or so, so stay tuned! 

Here's a sneak peak ;)


 
*Squeel!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and tell you what you think! Post your blog links too!