Sunday, June 24, 2012

Daring Digits Ice Age

So, I've got a confession to make... While I was on vacation a few weeks ago I decided to shorten my nails (a lot) and filed off all the gel. I wanted to start going for a more natural look and I was really just tired of the maintenance on the gels. I did them myself for about a month and I'm really just over it. In the next post you'll see the result of that decision. It lasted for about a week but since my nails were so thin, they started peeling off (the gel/tips) so I decided to take them off all together. Now I have ULTRA nubbins and it sucks. I've been trying to grow them out over the last 10 days or so and so far its not going well. Luckily all my nails, except my thumb, on my photo hand are looking ok, they aren't at the quick or anything but they are definitely a lot shorter than I would like. I tried OPI nail envy and I can't keep it on, it just keeps peeling off. So, at this point, I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best. I started taking a hair/nail vitamin with 5000 mcg of biotin so I'm hoping that will help too. With that said, be prepared for some super short nails in the up coming posts. 

Now on to the mani!! This is one I did in San Diego while I was on vacation and I LOVE it! This is Daring Digits Ice Age over 2 coats of Ulta Mint Condition with 2 dabbed coats of Ice Age and 2 coats of Seche Vite. This polish has big white hexes, smaller white hexes, and a very pretty blue glitter in a clear base. The name is perfect, I don't think anything else would have been better. Application was pretty easy although it was a little thick and the large white hexes settle at the bottom and sides and are a little more difficult to fish out. I also got really lucky with the sun because it was overcast most of the time I was there! Win!! These pictures aren't the best because the blue glitter kind of looks silver.

 Sun
You can see the blue color on the edges of my nails in these 2 pictures.



 Shade



What do you think of Daring Digits Ice Age??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and tell you what you think! Post your blog links too!