I was lucky to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Patty from Patty and Goldies Day Off and I couldn't be more thrilled. This award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers and here are the rules:
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
- They must also answer the 11 questions the 'Tagger' has set for them
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
- They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post
- These lucky bloggers must then be told
- There are no tag backs
Here are 11 random things about me:
- I am obsessed with owls. I don't know why, I just am
- I love watching TV and discovering new shows to watch. My recent find is Breaking Bad and I'm so obsessed with how bad ass this show is!
- Lynnderella's Ruby Red Ruby is the polish that got my obsession started, even though I don't own any Lynns.
- I will be graduating in December with two bachelors degrees; economics and finance
- My dogs are my children and I love them more than anything.
- Even though I'm from San Diego, I actually like Reno and the snow
- I hate doing laundry
- I really want to own a dog rescue, most specifically for pit bulls and the "bully" breeds
- I paint my nails at least 3-4 times a week but I rarely ever paint my toes
- I work at a tanning salon doing spray tans
- I love country music
My questions from Patty:
- What made you start blogging? Well, I was really into nail polish and nail art and I had a ton of blogs that I read so I decided to start blogging as well
- Whats kinds of things do you do to make blog successful? I dont know, really. I post links on facebook and post my pictures with my link on instagram and twitter. I joined a polish group on facebook but thats about it.
- What would make you stop blogging? I guess if I just "got over it" I would stop. At this point I dont see anything that would make me start. Even though life gets in the way sometimes, I enjoy it and it gives me a good creative outlet.
- What inspires you? Anything and everything. If I see a combination of colors I like or a cool design online I will try to incorporate it into my mani. Sometimes I just sit down and start painting and something random will come out of it.
- What is your favorite nail polish? My indies for sure are my favorites. As far as which one... hmm... I think right now its probably Pretty & Polished Phoenix, but it changes often.
- Do you view blogging as a "competitive sport" or a creative outlet? I view it more as a creative outlet. I'm really not a creative person but nail polish and blogging allows me to express the tiny amount of creativity I do have.
- What is the best way to get followers? I'd say social media, groups, etc.
- What keeps you going when you feel defeated? My husband for one, he's awesome when I'm feeling like the world is against me. Also just my determination to keep on trekking and to be successful.
- How do you organize your blog? I wouldn't say I have much organization, I just mess with the layout until it looks good and thats about it. As far as my posts, I usually talk about what I did then follow with pictures. I try to keep the wordiness to a minimum but sometimes that doesn't happen LOL
- Where do you keep your nail station? It used to be the dining room table but now we've converted one of our spare bedrooms to my "girl cave". I've got a glass top desk that I use for painting my nails and I have a 3 drawer melmer for my polish. I have a bunch of plastic drawer organizers that I use to organize my nail art stuff and tools.
- What is more important to you, pageviews or followers and why? I thought about this for a while and I think pageviews because you can have a ton of followers but if they aren't reading your blog, whats the point? For me its not all about how many pageviews or followers I have, I do this because I enjoy it and I want to share that with everyone.
Questions for my 11 bloggers:
- What is your favorite polish in your stash?
- Whats your number one lemming?
- What is your favorite blog to read?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite design so far?
- What do you like to do on your spare time?
- How big is your stash?
- What is your favorite polish brand or indie polish maker?
- What do your friends and family think of your blog?
- Zombie Apocalypse, which 5 polishes do you take with you?
- Do you have any pets?
My 9 (I searched for 2 more and couldn't find any with less than 200 followers, sorry!) tagged bloggers: