Wednesday, May 9, 2012

China Glaze Peachy Keen vs. Finger Paints Circus Peanuts

I was looking at random polish on amazon last week and came across China Glaze Peachy Keen and I had to have it. I contemplated ordering it on amazon but something told me to wait and I'm glad I did! I randomly (or not so randomly.. hehehe) went to Sally's Beauty and they had it! woo hoo!

I used 2 coats with 2 coats of sech vite then I decided to add a coat of Essie Lux Effects A Cut Above. The application was a little frustrating. The first coat went on really thick and gloppy so I waited a while to do the second coat and I had a lot of dragging and uneven spots. Yuck! I'm hoping I can thin it out. After I finished this mani I realized that it looked super familiar then I remembered that I did the same thing with Circus Peanuts from the Finger Paints Gumdrops and Lolipops collection. The formulas are about the same crappy mess and they are near dupes! I haven't swatched them together but I just happened to have pictures of the Finger Paints mani. I'll add those at the end.

 
This photo was taken in the sun


Shade




 Here you can see the color of the glitter a little better.


Just for S's and G's I decided to add a coat of Essie Matte About You. It looks pretty cool in person and pretty much just makes the glitter blend in with the polish. I like it. It was fun!




Here's the Finger Paints mani. The pictures suck because I hadn't yet figured out how to get clear pictures with my camera.



Pretty close, eh?? I think Circus Peanuts is a little brighter and a little more on the orange side while Peachy Keen leans more.. well, peach! lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and tell you what you think! Post your blog links too!